Online Events Archive
L&D on a Shoestring Online Conference 2020 – April 23, 2020
Director of Chatbot Design
Improving communication skills has benefits in almost any job, but they’re expensive skills to practice—typically requiring live role play or expensive technology. Is there a cheap, easy-to-use tool out there to create conversation simulations for training?
In this session you’ll learn how to solve this challenge using Twine, a simple, free, open-source tool for creating non-linear, interactive text stories in HTML. It’s intended for games but it has huge potential for scenario-based training and simple chatbots. It can provide a place for people to practice different conversations or conversation skills and explore multiple outcomes in a low-barrier, low-stakes, and fun way. Learning professionals can use Twine to create interactive training on conflict resolution, coaching, giving feedback, interview skills, and almost any conversation scenario.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to use Twine, a free, open-source interactive storytelling tool
- Best practices for conversation simulation design
- Other chatbot tools that can expand your conversation simulation and training
- How chatbots can support training
- How to export Twine stories to HTML for easy integration into your existing learning ecosystem
Please note this handout is an html file and is intended to be used
with the the Twine platform or other applications that can edit html
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.