xAPI In A Nutshell
Trackable learning is no longer confined to what happens in the LMS.
Experience API (xAPI) tracks all types of learning experiences based on three components.
- Actor: This is the learner that is linked to the experience and can be an email or other identifiable data.
- Verb: What the learner did (answered, commented, watched, passed, completed).
- Object: What activity the experience is linked to (question, forum, video, PDF).
xAPI Is Captured In A Learning Record Store
No matter where the experience happens, it can be recorded with xAPI.
- Not limited: xAPI is not limited to just a Learning Management System, it can be used in just about any connected system.
- Flexible: xAPI data can be accessed by different systems, to check learning outcomes or any system that
- Platform Agnostic: Can be accessed from any platform, any application, and any device.
The code has been copied to clipboard!