xAPI In A Nutshell
Trackable learning is no longer confined to what happens in the LMS.
Experience API (xAPI) tracks all types of learning experiences based on three components.
- Actor: This is the learner that is linked to the experience and can be an email or other identifiable data.
- Verb: What the learner did (answered, commented, watched, passed, completed).
- Object: What activity the experience is linked to (question, forum, video, PDF).
xAPI Is Captured In A Learning Record Store
No matter where the experience happens, it can be recorded with xAPI.
- Not limited: xAPI is not limited to just a Learning Management System, it can be used in just about any connected system.
- Flexible: xAPI data can be accessed by different systems, to check learning outcomes or any system that
- Platform Agnostic: Can be accessed from any platform, any application, and any device.
Created by Julian Davis. You can find more information on xAPI at eLearning Industry.
The code has been copied to clipboard!