Online Events Archive
L&D on a Shoestring Online Conference 2020 – April 23, 2020
President and CEO
The Optimal Performance Group
According to a study, 65% of our daily conversations are based on storytelling. Research also shows that not only is the brain different under the influence of a well-told story, stimulating stories tend to keep regions of our brain activated for several days. This makes story a powerful means of communication to help people learn. It’s also an inexpensive way to help your projects succeed, as we can leverage storytelling regardless of our budget. All we need is a bit of creativity and resourcefulness.
In this session you’ll learn how to use stories as an instructional strategy to help learning and as a business strategy to build buy-in for your projects. You’ll discover how to immerse learning content in narratives that fuel curiosity and keep people engaged. You’ll also get advice on how to craft stories that influence key stakeholders to break with the status quo.
In this session, you’ll explore:
- Narrative structures and devices that will help you craft compelling stories
- Techniques for reverse engineering films, scripts, and games
- What we can learn from film scores, audiobook production, and podcasts
- AI platforms that can help you generate creative digital content fast
- Strategies and tools for curating stories in your organization
- Free and low-cost sources for making your stories come alive
- Resources for learning more about the craft of story